|Dean Selection Process|
|Written by Administrator|
|Wednesday, 14 October 2009|
05 October 2009
MEMORANDUM NO. RLA 09 - 92
To : The Academic Community of UP Manila
Through : The Respective Deans, PGH Director, NIH Executive Director, Chancellor’s Management Team, Heads of Academic and Administrative Offices
Subject : Call for Nomination and Consultation Process for the Next Dean of the College of Dentistry
The Academic Community of UP Manila and the College of Dentistry, with the consent of the Chancellor, agreed on the following guidelines:
(Meeting date: October 6, 2009)
The Chancellor will interview all nominees.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
A. Who May Nominate
The following may submit nominations:
B. Who May Be Nominated
The nominee must possess the following minimum qualifications:
The nominee need not be a faculty member at the time of his/her nomination. Should he/she be appointed, he/she have a faculty appointment. Deans and Directors may serve for two terms. Only in high exceptional cases will they be allowed a third term. (1020th BOR meeting, 25 April 1989).
C. Nomination Papers to be submitted to the Chancellor’s Office (Deadline: October 19, 2009, 5:00 pm, addressed to the Chancellor, UP Manila, 8th floor Central Block, PGH Complex)
1. A nomination letter, legibly signed, which explains how the nominee qualifies as dean.
2. Signed conforme of the nominee.
3. Five (5) copies of the nominee’s COMPLETE curriculum vitae (See Appendix A for content of the curriculum vitae)
4. Short summary of the nominee’s curriculum vitae (5 copies) Note: Since we are choosing an academic leader, what counts is not the number of signatories to a nomination but the reasons given for endorsing a nominee. A signature campaign, is therefore discouraged.
D. Documents to be submitted by Nominees to the Chancellor’s Office (Deadline: October 26, 2009, 5:00 pm)
1. A paper describing the nominees’ flagship projects (5 copies). The submission of a vision paper is not required.
2. A summary of the nominees’ most significant qualifications and achievements (5 copies).
DISSEMINATION OF THIS CIRCULAR
The following are requested to disseminate this Circular: Deans, PGH Director, NIH Executive Director, Chancellor’s Management Team, Heads of Offices, Heads of Sector Organizations and Student Organizations, Chairs of Student Councils, Class Presidents of Alumni Associations and Director of Alumni Affairs, Officers of All UP Workers Union, Presidents of PGH Accredited Employees Organization.
APPENDIX A CONTENT OF THE NOMINEE’S COMPLETE CURRICULUM VITAE
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 14 October 2009 )|
|< Prev||Next >|